• Marin Humane Animal Services officer
Get Help

Lost your pet? Need to license your dog? Worried about a neglected animal? We can help.

Our Animal Services Officers and Customer Service team provide animal services for the county of Marin 24/7.

If you need to surrender your animal, we encourage you to do so during business hours so we can best help you and your animal. If you have to bring us an animal after hours, we offer a self-service night receiving kennel at our Novato campus that’s always available.

Last year, our Animal Services Officers answered 3,462 emergency calls and responded to an additional 3,025 calls for assistance. They also investigated 1,400 animal-related complaints. Services provided by Marin Humane Animal Services include:

Animal Emergencies

Marin Humane Animal Services Officers respond to thousands of emergency calls and calls for assistance every year. For assistance 24 hours a day, please call 415.883.4621 and press “1” to reach help.

Animal-Related Complaints

Marin Humane Animal Services will follow up on residents’ complaints about animals. Click here for more information on how to file a complaint.

Lost and Found pets

Please review our Lost & Found page for recently found animals. In addition, our stray animal hotline is updated every night after 6 pm and includes animals brought to the shelter during the previous 48 hours.

Hotline: 415.883.4621 (x377 for dogs, x378 for cats, x379 for all other lost animals)

Dog Licensing

Keep your dog’s paw on the right side of the law. Dog licenses are required by law for all dogs over the age of four months who live in Marin County. Click here to license your dog.

Pet Care Assistance

If you or someone you know requires help for their beloved pet, we can help. Click here to learn more.

Animal Permits

Marin County requires all animal businesses to obtain special operating permits through our Animal Services department. From dog hobbyists to commercial animal establishments, animals are ensured proper care under the regulations set forth under these permits. For permit applications and information, call 415.506.6209.